- Living where I live - meaning both in Kingston, and in my neighbourhood. There are tons of events in town during the summer. Most of the stuff we check out is free, but there are so many interesting things going on we really have to pick and choose what we want to do! Also we live about 10 minutes from downtown. This means I get to work quickly and easily, and we can decide whether to do Movies in the Square with only a little lead time and we still get a good seat.
- My clothesline - I know it's corny but I love hanging our clothes outside. We put up a new section of fence earlier this summer and now I have a nice long clothesline that helps my clothes dry and feel fresh. Also the kids like to help by handing clothespins and such and soon they'll be able to reach and hang stuff themselves!
- My kids senses of adventure - We took an unplanned hike (quite rugged terrain) and the girls loved it! They want to do more. And they want to go to Wonderland and try the rides. And they like seeing things in the theatre - live plays and stuff (as well as any movie). I wouldn't say they're thrill seekers, but definitely up for new experiences.
- The weather - Also a corny thought, I love that the weather is always changing. I love the hot days that I can justify sitting around reading my book, and I love the rainy days that water my gardens. Watching storm clouds roll up and being outside watching the lightning before the rain. The other day we had an amazing deluge and then a fantastic double rainbow. It was beautiful.
- My family - If it wasn't for them (immediate and extended) I wouldn't be able to do as many cool and interesting (to me!) things in my life. I love that my kids get lots of time with grandparents and aunts and uncles - it gives them different experiences they would not necessarily get with us, and teaches them to be flexible and to learn to obey other's rules. If any of you are reading this - I appreciate you more than you know!
- All our friends - separately, and together, you have made our live easier and more fun. Thank you to our neighbours who do look our for our kids and property; my co-workers (who I consider friends) for listening to me, and sometimes joining me, at local events, concerts and attractions and I am so amped up to visit; my mom friends, who I don't see as much as I'd like, but I know you're there if and when I need you; and our random backyard barbecue/cottage/after-event friends who are always up for a good time, kids included.
I know there are more things I'm appreciating this summer, but that's a long enough post for now. What are you enjoying more this summer? Anything I miss? Post it in the comments, and stay tuned for more random mom posts! ;)